Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

God has created each person’s soul as a living mirror



“God has created each person’s soul as a living mirror, on which he has impressed the image of his nature.  In this way, he lives imaged forth in us and we in him . . . This mirror remains constantly before the face of God and therefore participates in the eternity of the image which it has received.  In this image God knew us in himself before we were created.”

John Ruusbroec,
14th century Belgian mystic

Photo: Peaks above Skinny Fish Lake, Flattops Wilderness, CO; June 15, 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment