Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

"I experience God as Source, the Emptiness that gives rise to Form."



"I experience God as Source, the Emptiness that gives rise to Form . . . Looking at emptiness, I feel I see God.  Form is the manifest side of emptiness.  Creation keeps on happening . . . My experience of emptiness is that it is alive with the possibility of everything waiting to be born . . . When I pray, I think of how 'God is One' and 'Emptiness' feel the same to me.  When I give thanks, daily, for my life, I think about creation as the amazing process by which nondifferentiated emptiness continually is reborn as form."

Sylvia Boorstein,
a "Bu-Jew" (Buddhist Jew)
from her book, "That's Funny; You Don't Look Buddhist!"

Photo: The Marsh-Marigolds are beginning to bloom in the high mountains.  They are the first wildflower in the high country!  These are at Ouzel Lake, Wild Basin, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; June 3, 2013






No comments:

Post a Comment