Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Nature is drenched with spiritual life!


"Nature like a fluid seems to drench and steep us throughout, as the whole sky and the rocks and flowers are drenched with spiritual life - with God."

The Contemplative John Muir

When I arrived at Lion Lakes on my hike last week, I was amazed to see how many Alpine Bog Laurel blooms there are this year.  Exploring these marshy meadows entailed getting my feet wet, but it was well worth it.  Whenever I encounter huge swaths of wildflowers like this, I think of the utter exuberance of life.  Notice the stream in the middleground, creating these blooming bogs.

Photo: Alpine Bog Laurel with Mount Alice as a backdrop; Lion Lakes, Wild Basin, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; June 17, 2013







No comments:

Post a Comment