Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

In solitude, I discover my true self when I am mirrored by the sky-like presence of God.

\\\

In solitude, freed from society's distorted ideas of who I am and what I should be, I am at last open to the vastness of the Divine mirror.  There, I discover that I am not restricted to my individual ego-self, with all of its worries, obsessions and narcissistic thoughts.  Instead, I am one with the sky-like backdrop of Divine Love, free at last to serve as a spacious mirror for others, enabling them to see their own vast and true sacred self.

Photo: Elk and Long's Peak, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; June 17, 2013








No comments:

Post a Comment