Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Actually TOUCH the New Mexico country, and you will never be the same again.



"Actually TOUCH the country, and you will never be the same again. I think New Mexico was the greatest experience from the outside world that I ever had. It certainly changed me forever. It was New Mexico that liberated me from the present era of civilization, the great era of material and mechanical development. The moment I saw the brilliant, proud morning shine high over the desert, something stood still in my soul, and I started to attend. I had no permanent feeling of religion till I came to New Mexico."

D.H. Lawrence,
English novelist




Photos: (Top) Chimney Rock, Ghost Ranch, NM; (Middle) Ancient Pueblo in Chaco Canyon, NM; (Bottom) Cliffs and Cottonwood trees at Ghost Ranch, NM. All three photos were taken May 23 - 25, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment