Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Flattery and criticism go down the same drain and I am quite free . . .


"I have already settled it for myself, so flattery and criticism go down the same drain and I am quite free. Someone else's vision will never be as good as your own vision of yourself. Live and die with it 'cause in the end it's all you have. Lose it and you lose yourself and everything else. I should have listened to myself."

Georgia O'Keeffe

Photo: Chimney Rock and The Pedernal, near O'Keeffe's house, Ghost Ranch, NM, May 25, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment