Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The indigenous male is always seeking to get in balance with the female.


"The indigenous male is always seeking to get in balance with the female. Always seeking some insight into the experience of the female and her unique position as a creator of life. Men of the Lakotah Nation have always felt great affection, honor and gratitude toward the White Buffalo Calf Woman for giving them the Inipi [sweat lodge] and Sundance - two of the Sacred Ceremonies given to humankind - for the specific purpose of helping the men develop and strengthen this sacred bond with our Mother the Universe . . . In our culture, women are taught to always treat their husbands as twelve year-olds, because men, no matter how old they are, will throw tantrums. They pout and demand to be babied. My wife tells me I've matured with 72 winters, and now act more like a thirteen year-old!"

Russell Means
Oglala Lakota





Photos: Badlands National Park, SD, May 16, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment