Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

New Mexico fitted to me exactly.



"When I got to New Mexico, that was mine. As soon as I saw it, that was my country. I'd never seen anything like it before, but it fitted to me exactly."

Georgia O'Keeffe
Landscape painter





Photos: Various scenes from Ghost Ranch, NM and the Chimney Rock Trail. In the top photo, the house in the distance is O'Keeffe's. May 24-25, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment