Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, May 11, 2015

My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going . . .



"My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end . . . But you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust You always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death . . ."

Thomas Merton 

This is how I feel right now - post-Naropa :)



Photos: (Top) Bark patterns on a burnt tree, High Park Burn, May 9, 2015; (Middle) Limber Pine Cones, Gem Lake, and rock formation, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, May 8, 2015; (Bottom) Pasqueflowers with the Twin Owls in the background, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, April 27, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment