Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Perhaps extinct life forms simply didn't want to live on this Earth with humans!



"In the 1960s, an elder De'ne' man from the Northwest Territories of Canada stated to an anthropologist who was intent on civilizing the De'ne' people: 'You white people are very arrogant. You think you are responsible for the extinction of different forms of life. Have you ever considered that maybe those life forms didn't want to live with you?' "

Russell Means
Oglala Lakota





Photos: Colorful Badlands and Bison in the Black Hills, SD, May 16-17, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment