Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Home is not where you live, but where they understand you.


"Home is not where you live, but where they understand you."

Christian Morgenstern

In my own case, the place where I feel most understood is in the Great Outdoors.

Photo: Bellvue Dome, Narrowleaf Cottonwood trees and freshly-cut hay; Bellvue, CO; October 24, 2013. This scene is two miles from my front door. Morgenstern was a late 19th century German poet. Although his work is popular now, it was not well-known during his lifetime.

If you'd like to make a donation to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes, please go here.  Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment