Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What if we were energized more intensely by the positive aspects of life than by conflicts and problems?



One of the curious traits we human beings share is a tendency to become intensely energized by conflicts and problems.  There's something about the drama of having an enemy - whether it be individual, corporate, political or religious - that makes us believe we can rise above the mundane daily grind we so often fall into.  I wonder, however, if we might allow ourselves to be equally energized by POSITIVE experiences; that is, by stunning insights, the multi-faceted beauties of life, and by inspiring stories of exploration or self-giving?  In my own case, I've long enjoyed reveling in ever-fresh instances of Nature's beauty, together with the insights I receive from the landscapes I love. But just as energizing are my attempts at sharing the beauty of these landscapes with others through photography and the crafting of inspiring words. How about you? What positive aspects of life energize you the most?

Photo: Late-day sunlight illuminates changing aspen trees and a rocky outcrop; October 14, 2013

If you'd like to make a donation to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes, please go here.  Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment