Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Someday, perhaps the hues of our autumn foliage will be added to our chromatic nomenclature.


"I do not see why, since America and her autumn woods are so beautiful, our leaves should not complete with the precious stones in giving names to colors; and indeed, I believe that in course of time the names of some of our trees and shrubs, as well as flowers, will get into our popular chromatic nomenclature."

Henry David Thoreau, "Autumnal Tints"

Photo: Rock formation and radiant aspen trees; Red Feather, CO; October 11, 2013


If you'd like to give a donation to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes, please go here.  Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment