Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

What qualities do we wish to absorb from the saints on "the other side" this day?


Tonight is All Hallows Eve, the night before All Hallows Day (All Saints Day).  If this is the time when the veil is thinnest between this life and the other world, what is it we wish to carry back to our daily lives from the other?  The people I consider "saints" are those who lived their own unique spiritual vision most truly and authentically, disregarding the distractions present in the society around them.  Saints possess determination, discipline, perseverance, self-possession, and sensitivity to the Divine.  It is these qualities I wish to absorb from those in "the other world" this day.

Photo: Mist rises from Horsetooth Reservoir, revealing Cottonwood trees in the distance; Larimer County, CO; October 30, 2013

If you'd like to make a donation to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes, please go here.  Thanks!






No comments:

Post a Comment