Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

The first snow of the season always elicits that childhood holiday feeling!



Yesterday we had our first snow of the season. When I was a kid, I always felt a sense of excitement when a storm was forecast, knowing we'd have a holiday - a snow day. Even though I'm an adult now, I still have that holiday feeling whenever the snowflakes start falling. It seems Nature is breaking into our usual routine - based so heavily on society's smug sense of self-importance - in order to let us know that SHE, with her 4.6 billion-year cycles, is STILL the one in charge. Yesterday was especially beautiful because the golden leaves were still on the aspen trees.

Photo: Snow and changing aspen, Red Feather Lakes, CO; October 18, 2013

If you'd like to give a donation to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes, please go here.  Thanks!







No comments:

Post a Comment