Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Rocks are alive with personality and wisdom.



This place is sacred to me, in part because the appearance of the rocks reveals the fact that they are alive with personality. They remind me that the Creator indwells rocks in a special way.  As John Muir says, "It is as if God were wearing the mountains upon him as common bones and flesh."

Photo: Changing Aspen leaves and rocks at Vedauwoo Recreation Area, Medicine Bow National Forest, WY; October 4, 2013


If you'd like to make a donation to help support Nature Photo-Quotes, please go here.  Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment