Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Nature is painting for us pictures of infinite beauty.


"Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty if only we have eyes to see them . . ."

John Ruskin

I am continually fascinated by the beauty of some of our burned landscapes.  Here, the blackened trunks of Ponderosa Pine contrast beautifully with the ruddy color of grasses and Wild Plum bushes that came back after the fire.  

Photo: Galena Burn, seven months after the fire; Lory State Park, CO; October 25, 2013

If you'd like to make a donation to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes, please go here.  Thanks!









No comments:

Post a Comment