Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Typical March Day!


Yesterday was such a typical March day!  When I took this picture of an aspen catkin budding out, the background ridge was all lit up in sunlight while a screen of light snow was falling in the middleground, making the light-quality seem ethereal.  Five minutes later, there was full sun, followed by an intense snow-bearing squall, which gave way once again to bright sunshine.  Back and forth the weather seesawed for several hours, giving me the impression that Mother Nature was experimenting with different moods, trying to see which she liked best!

Photo: Lumpy Ridge, aspen catkins, and a light screen of snow; Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; March 15, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment