Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

All things are frosted condensations of vast, transparent awareness.

Today as I walked through a wonderland of snow-frosted trees, I got to thinking about the correspondences between the external landscape and the inner life. If the sky stands for the spaciousness of interior divine awareness, I suddenly realized that when all beings mysteriously appear out of that expanse, they sparkle with shimmering radiance, manifesting themselves as they really are - as frosted condensations of vast, transparent awareness!

Photo: Arthur's Rock, Narrowleaf Cottonwoods and Ponderosa Pines; Lory State Park, CO; March 2, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment