Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, March 28, 2014

The eye of the poet never closes on the kinship of all God's creatures.


"The man of science, the naturalist, too often loses sight of the essential oneness of all living beings in seeking to classify them, while the Eye of the Poet, the Seer, never closes on the kinship of all God's creatures, and his heart ever beats in sympathy with great and small alike."

The Contemplative John Muir

Photo: Pasqueflowers, Hewlett Gulch, Roosevelt National Forest, CO; March 26, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment