Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hope for the future occurs in the NOW!

People who pursue spirituality often talk about the importance of living in the here-and-now. But an attitude of hope for the future ALSO occurs in the Now. After all, every stage we seem to attain on the spiritual journey is simply the jumping-off point for the next stage, and that will be the pattern for all eternity. It is THIS truth that helps keep us humble and grounded.

Right now, I am REALLY looking forward to warm weather. This morning, it was 7 degrees. By Thursday, the high is supposed to be in the mid-60s. Spring is definitely on the way, slowly but surely. I hope you enjoy this photo from LAST Spring!

Photo: Thimbleberry, with Horsetooth Rock in the background; Horsetooth Mountain Park, Larimer County, CO; June 1, 2013

If you'd like to make a donation to help fund Nature-Photo Quotes, here's the link :)

No comments:

Post a Comment