Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rocks are some of the wisest creatures on Earth.

I believe rocks are some of the wisest creatures on Earth.  They teach us to take the long view, to be centered and solid, to be unselfconscious in our giving, to be still enough to allow our spiritual lives to crystallize.  Without rocks, who would counsel us to ground ourselves in a realm deeper than the frenetic, insane pace of modern society?

Photo: Pegmatite rock with red feldspar; Horsetooth Mountain Park, Larimer County, CO; March 1, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment