Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Bright Lake-Eye

"It is easy to find the bright lake-eyes in the roughest and most ungovernable-looking topography of any landscape countenance. When a mountain lake is born, like a young eye, it first opens to the light. The young lake grows in beauty, becoming more and more humanly lovable from century to century."

The Contemplative John Muir

Photo: Unnamed lake in the Snowy Range; Medicine Bow National Forest, WY; July 14, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment