Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Now THIS is real living!


Now THIS is real living! After hiking seven miles, I came to treeline just as a huge thunderstorm let loose. Seeking shelter under a large rock, I ate my lunch while serenaded by the driving rain and by several hermit thrushes, who seemed to be enjoying the storm immensely. Then, when the lightning passed, I walked out into the open through marshy meadows brimming with wildflowers. Bog-water filled and overflowed my boots, making me feel at one with the vibrantly-alive landscape. A half-dozen cascading streams danced into the nearby lake, singing all the way down. What a way to be immersed in the seamless, infinite flow of the Spirit! "Rivers of living water will flow from your innermost being," Jesus exclaimed. Yes!

Photo: Globeflowers, Mt. Alice, and a cascading stream; Lion Lakes, Wild Basin, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; July 11, 2014.  Notice the water-droplets in midair!

No comments:

Post a Comment