Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Insects tell Nature's joy.



"Insects are dancing in the sunbeams, telling Nature's joy. The plants are as busy as the animals, every cell in a swirl of enjoyment, humming like a hive, singing the old new song of creation."

The Contemplative John Muir 

Today I discovered dozens more Spring-beauty blossoms in an area of Ponderosa Pine forest that burned two years ago. They are blooming about a week earlier than they have over the past three years.

Photo: Ladybug on Spring-beauty blooms springing up through Ponderosa Pine needles, Lory State Park, CO, February 12, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment