Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Our minds clear on a windy day :)


"Poor, oppressed, drugged brains are blown clear in the mountain winds."

The Contemplative John Muir

This is an early journal version of the classic passage: "Winds will blow their freshness into you."  The early version seems more appropriate for my snowshoe hike in the mountains today.  The winds were incredibly strong, and I could definitely feel my emotion-drugged brain beginning to clear.

Photo: Wind-carved snow sculptures with the Never Summer Mountains in the background, Montgomery Pass, CO, February 9, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment