Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, February 23, 2015

The Sacred Feminine is present in seamless flow and in the ISNESS of form-and-beauty.



I perceive the Sacred Feminine - Sophia in the Christian tradition and Gaia for the Greeks - in the experience of the seamless, streamlike flow of life-energy in which we are all immersed. I also find Her in the vivacious and voluptuous ISNESS of form and beauty that floats within that stream.




Meditation practice serves then to embody the spaciousness of the Sacred Masculine - God - who acts as the Backdrop or Sky-like Ground upon which the Feminine can manifest Herself in all of Her grandeur and goodness!



Photos: Beargrass and canoers, Glacier National Park, MT, July 21 and 22, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment