Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, February 6, 2015

Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging.




"Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging."


Joseph Campbell




Today a funny thing happened. As I was photographing at the edge of Watson Lake, the ice gave way and I fell in. Frigid water flooded the inside of my boots and reached 18 inches up my pant legs. Since I was already soaked, I decided - hey, why not go stand in the river and photograph the rapids? And that is exactly what I did!




Photos: The Poudre River, Bellvue Dome, and a Great Blue Heron, Bellvue, CO, February 5, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment