Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

It only takes a miniscule shift in perspective to open up a world of wonder!


"It is only necessary to behold thus the least fact or phenomenon, however familiar, from a point a hair's breadth aside from our habitual path or routine, to be overcome, enchanted by its beauty and significance."

Henry David Thoreau

I took this photo by placing my camera into a depression in the ice right next to a large rock jutting up from the lake. The effect is of frozen waves, or of a canyon rim - a much different perspective than the usual one to be gained just a few feet higher than the lake surface.

Photo: Ice "waves" on Dream Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, February 2, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment