Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cascadian shoreslines embody the Pacific Northwestern valuing of diversity.


Many Cascadian shorelines are undeveloped and wild, situated between forest and ocean, with rocky sea stacks jutting out into the ocean.  They speak of the profound realization that beauty is found where contrasts come together.  The Pacific Northwestern tendency to value diversity - ethnic, religious and gendered - embodies this kind of wild coastal beauty in a human environment.

Photo: Second Beach, Olympic National Park, WA; July 26, 2013






No comments:

Post a Comment