Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Stand still. The forest knows where you are. You must let it find you.



Stand still.  The trees ahead and bushes beside you
Are not lost.  Wherever you are is called Here . . .
The forest breathes.  Listen.  It answers,
I have made this place around you . . .
If what a tree or a bush does is lost on you,
You are surely lost.  Stand still.  The forest knows
Where you are.  You must let it find you.

David Wagoner

Photo: Joanne hiking in the Hoh Rainforest, Olympic National Park, WA; July 25, 2013






No comments:

Post a Comment