Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

God is still writing passages of scripture!



"The notion seems to be all but universal that . . . we can know God only by tradition, as if the fountains of inspiration have gone dry, and he has not a single word more to say to us, not another story to tell . . . But God is YET writing passages that we can understand and that come within the range of our sympathies."

The Contemplative John Muir

Photo: Black-tipped Senecio and blocks of white quartzite; Snowy Range, WY; August 25, 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment