Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

On windy days, I like to imagine that Mother Earth is passionately digging her painted fingernails into the shoulder of Father Sky


When I'm in a poetic mindset, I like to imagine the bright red blooms of Indian Paintbrush waving in the breeze as the painted fingernails of Mother Earth, endlessly caressing the spacious expanse of Father Sky.  On especially windy days, I fancy that she is digging her nails passionately into the shoulder of the Sky, insistent that his Sunlight come and illumine her beauty in all of its glory.

Photo: Indian Paintbrush at Logan Pass; Glacier National Park, MT; August 1, 2013






No comments:

Post a Comment