Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Glacier National Park sits on the cusp between Cascadia and the Rocky Mountains, and embodies some of the qualities of both regions.


This summer, I found Glacier National Park as amazing and beautiful as ever. Sitting on the cusp between Cascadia and the Rocky Mountains, the park seems to embody some of the spirit of both regions. From the Pacific Northwest, it absorbs the lushness that speaks of a vibrant sense of optimism and hope for the future. From the dryness of the Rocky Mountain region, the park retains a sense of simplicity, detachment and interior dryness which are the conditions needed for spiritual transformation.

Photo: Lewis Monkeyflowers growing along the Garden Wall; Glacier National Park, MT; July 31, 2013






No comments:

Post a Comment