Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Do people in the Pacific Northwest enjoy REFLECTING on their experience of Nature more than those who live in other regions?


In Colorado where I live, an abundance of people engage in outdoor activity.  However, few seem to enjoy REFLECTING on their experience of Nature or using words in an attempt to articulate what this experience means for their spiritual lives.  On the other hand, I get the impression that in the Pacific Northwest, there are a higher percentage of people who do enjoy such contemplation and reflection.  Perhaps the abundance of grey, misty days fosters a move INWARD, which in turn encourages reflection and contemplation?

Photo: Glacier lilies with Mount Baker looming in the distance; Goat Mountain, Mount Baker Wilderness, WA; July 23, 2013







No comments:

Post a Comment