Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

A Landscape is Like a Person Who Has Variety of Different Moods.



"When we dwell with mountains, see them face to face, every day, they seem as creatures with a sort of life - friends subject to moods, now talking, now taciturn, with whom we converse as person to person."

The Contemplative John Muir





As you can tell, I've been spending a lot of time at Watson Lake, located just a few miles from my house. It has been wonderful to discover the incredible variety of different moods that a single landscape can have! How amazing it is to live on this Earth and to call it "home"!






Photos: Bellvue Dome, Watson Lake, and Canada Geese, Bellvue, CO, November 19, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment