Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, November 10, 2014

The old Lakota knew that man's heart away from nature becomes hard.


"The old Lakota was wise.  He knew that man's heart away from nature becomes hard; he knew that lack of respect for growing, living things soon led to lack of respect for humans, too."

Luther Standing Bear,
Oglala Lakota chief




Photos: (Top) Carving, near Loveland, CO; (Middle) Maple trees flaming, with foothills in the background; a half-mile from my house in Larimer County, CO; (Bottom) Willow trees in the snow, near Loveland, CO.  All three photos were taken on November 10, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment