Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, November 8, 2014

In solitude, we are at home with the Ground of Being


Friday's snowshoe hike in the Never Summer Mountains elicited in me a sense both of solitude AND community. The trail had no human tracks, but this fact served merely to make the Snowshoe Hare tracks I encountered stand out more vividly. I felt at peace and at home surrounded by the Ground of Being that is always present in our lives, but which manifests Itself with especially intense clarity in the solitary spaces of the wilderness.

Photo: Snowshoe Hare tracks, Never Summer Range, CO, November 6, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment