Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

God's own life is an adventure!



"God's own life is an adventure!"

Alfred North Whitehead

Yesterday's hike was quite amazing! I broke trail on snowshoes for several miles up to Lake Hiayaha, where the ice was beginning to crystallize in intricately delicate patterns. Then I hiked two bowls over just in time for the alpenglow on Long's Peak at Mills Lake.




All of this was followed, of course, by a beautiful snowshoe hike back down in the dark with the aid of a headlamp. What a great day!


Photos: (Top) Intricate ice on Lake Haiyaha, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, November 21, 2014; (Middle) Alpenglow on Long's Peak, with a Limber Pine in the foreground, Mills Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, November 21, 2014; (Bottom) Alpenglow on Long's Peak from Mills Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, November 21, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment