Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I love the glorious host of mountain forms, whose beauty forms so great a part of a terrestrial human soul.



"I love the glorious host of mountain forms, whose beauty forms so great a part of a terrestrial human soul."

The Contemplative John Muir




Photos: (Top) Subalpine Fir and misty mountain, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, November 3, 2014; (Middle) Alberta Falls, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, November 3, 2014; (Bottom) Fremont Cottonwood and reddish cliffs, Lory State Park, CO, November 1, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment