Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Whatever we see without is a symbol of something within.


"Whatever we see without is a symbol of something within.  This earth which is spread out like a map around me is but the lining of my inmost soul exposed."

Henry David Thoreau

 



On my walk today in zero-degree temperatures, I felt the snowy landscape mirror back my own inner simplicity, silence, and vigor.





Photos: (Top) Willows, Bellvue Dome, and snow, Bingham Hill, CO; (Middle) Canada Geese, willows, and foothills, Watson Lake, Bellvue, CO; (Bottom) Last light on Bellvue Dome, with the Poudre River in the foreground, Watson Lake, CO.  All three photos were taken on November 12, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment