Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, November 21, 2014

The silence of nature gives us an intuitive feeling of the great silence that was before the word.


"The silence of nature is a blessed silence because it gives us an intuitive feeling of the great silence that was before the word and out of which everything arose"

Max Picard,
"The World of Silence"




Photos:(Top) Sunset on Bellvue Dome and Watson Lake, Bellvue, CO, November 19, 2014; (Middle) Sunrise alpenglow on the foothills, viewed across the street from my house, Larimer County, CO, November 18, 2014; (Bottom) Snowy landscape and Arthur's Rock, Lory State Park, CO, November 15, 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment