Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Divine love lies beyond both praise and blame.


This past week, I experienced one event that led me to feel like "the scum of the earth," and another occurrence that made it seem like I was "on top of the world."  Both events involved people and their opinions of me and my work.  However, time spent in Nature helped me realize that both experiences are in some sense illusory.  For the true self lies beyond both extremes, in a vast spaciousness and seamless flow that are the Source out of which all beings emerge, and into which we all return during each millisecond of our existence.




As it turns out, another name for this vast spaciousness and seamless flow is LOVE.




Photos: (Top) Last light on Bellvue Dome and Watson Lake, Bellvue, CO, October 28, 2014; (Middle) Snow patterns, with Brown's Peak in the background, Snowy Range, WY, October 31, 2014; (Bottom) Rock spires, golden Cottonwood trees, and the Cache la Poudre River, near Fort Collins, CO, October 25, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment