Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

I have no fixed practical aim, but am living in constant communion with Nature and follow my instincts and am most intensely happy


"I have no fixed practical aim, but am living in constant communion with Nature and follow my instincts and am most intensely happy . . . I have not yet in all my wanderings found a single person so free as myself."

The Contemplative John Muir, pp. 41, 42

Photo: Lemmon's Paintbrush, with Cathedral Peak in the background; Yosemite National Park, CA; July 28, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment