Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Whoever hears the rippling of the rivers will not utterly despair of anything.


"I cannot help being encouraged by this blithe [carefree] activity in the elements - in these degenerate days of men.  Whoever hears the rippling of the rivers will not utterly despair of anything."

Henry David Thoreau

Photo: Wild Geranium leaf and a beautiful cascade both shimmer in last light; Cascade Creek, Indian Peaks Wilderness, CO; August 25, 2012.  This quote is one of my very favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment