Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

We live in creation's dawn, and the world, not yet half made, becomes more beautiful every day.


"I used to envy the father of our race, dwelling as he did with the new-made fields and plants of Eden; but I do so no more, because I have discovered that I also live in 'creation's dawn.'  The morning stars still sing together, and the world, not yet half made, becomes more beautiful every day."

The Contemplative John Muir, pp. 289-290

Photo: Avalanche Lily, Reflection Lakes, and Mt. Rainier just after sunrise; Mt. Rainier National Park, WA; July 25, 2012.

Meditation practice allows us to watch as each moment - each thought, each emotion, each creature - emerges newborn as though out of nowhere from within the vast lake of divine love and awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment