Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Language has created the word 'loneliness' to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word 'solitude' to express the glory of being alone.


"Language . . . has created the word 'loneliness' to express the pain of being alone.  And it has created the word 'solitude' to express the glory of being alone."

Paul Tillich, German-American theologian

Photo: Columbine, Lookout Lake, and Medicine Bow Peak, Snowy Range, WY; August 19, 2012.  At this particular location, this was the last columbine of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment