Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Our enthusiasm in the presence of Nature's beauty melts the two of us into oneness.



"We are now fairly into the mountains, and they are into us.  What bright, seething white fire ENTHUSIASM is bred in us - without our help or knowledge - a perfect influx into every pore and cell of us fusing, vaporizing, by its heat until the boundary walls o our heavy flesh tabernacle seem taken down and we flow out and diffuse into the very air.  Now I am no longer a shepherd, but a free bit of everything."

The Contemplative John Muir, p. 193

Photo: Temple Crag and beautiful Big Pine Lake #2, John Muir Wilderness, Sierra Nevada Range, CA; July 29, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment