Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Climb in the Rockies Puts Us in Tune with the Infinite


"A climb up the Rockies will develop a love for nature, strengthen one's appreciation of the beautiful world outdoors, and put one in tune with the Infinite.  The Rockies are rich in mountain scenes which stir one's blood and which strengthen and sweeten life."

Enos Mills, founder, Rocky Mountain National Park

Photo: Queen's Crown in the foreground, with the Sharkstooth in the background, on the shore of Sky Pond, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, August 19, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment