Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Love is Its Own Reward


"Love is enough on its own; it pleases by itself and on its own account.  Love is its own merit and its own reward.  Love needs no cause, no fruit besides itself; its enjoyment is its use.  I love because I love; I love that I may love.  Love is a great thing; as long as it returns to its Beginning, goes back to its Origin, turns again to its Source, it will always draw afresh from It and flow freely."

Bernard of Clairvaux

"The payment for love is nothing else - neither can the soul desire anything else - than more love."

John of the Cross

Photo: Rosy Paintbrush bloom aglow in last light, Twin Crater Lakes, Rawah Wilderness, CO, September 9, 2011



No comments:

Post a Comment